Dazzle with Diamonds of Wisdom
Is wisdom important?
How does it differ from intelligence?
Is there a difference between wise and smart?
Merriam-Webster dictionary notes wisdom:
* knowledge that is gained by having many experiences in life
* the natural ability to understand things that most other people cannot understand
* knowledge of what is proper or reasonable : good sense or judgment
Why do we refer to pearls instead of diamonds of wisdom? If “wisdom” is valuable, then why isn’t it elevated to something greater than a pearl? Why not a diamond, or link wisdom to a gemstone even rare than a diamond?
Ask gave many answers for “What is the Meaning of Pearl of Wisdom?”
• Both take a long time to develop
• Quotes of hope and inspiration
• Biblical scripture quoted.
• Sarcasm, as in, “So much for your pearls of wisdom.”
Hoping for a better understanding, I sought information on pearls at the Mikimoto site. (Mikimoto is synonymous for pearls.)
These experts say pearls are resilient organic gemstones, but delicate and require proper care. Acid, alkaline and extremes of humidity are damaging to pearls. While these round wonders from the sea are shock-resistant, scratches may occur when pearls come in contact with sharp objects or other gemstones, and pearls can get dehydrated–so they are made to be worn.
With all of the special conditions surrounding the wear, care, and storage, it seems to me that Diamonds of Wisdom make more sense. Diamonds are far more wash and wear. They stand the test of time far better than pearls.
So let’s share wisdom. Diamonds or otherwise. What’s the best sage advice you have received that you would like to share with me and others?
Waiting in anticipation of receiving diamonds of wisdom,